Are You Bored? Clik Any Picture For the Best Entertainment

Thursday, December 29, 2011

$35 is $35

Manny and his wife Ethel go to the Farnborough Air Display every year. Every year, Manny says, "Ethel, I'd like to take a ride in a plane," and every year she replies, "I know, but a ride in a plane is expensive."
At this year's Air Display, as Manny and Ethel are walking past the plane ride, Manny says, "Ethel, I'm getting old. If I don't go up in that plane today, I'll never get another chance."
Ethel replies, "But Manny, that ride costs $35 and $35 is $35 you know."
The pilot hears their conversation, "Hey you two, I'll make a deal with you. I'll take you both up for a ride and if you can both stay absolutely silent for the entire trip, I won't charge you a thing. But if I hear just one sound, I'll charge you $35."
Manny and Ethel talk it over and agree to the offer. So up they go.
The pilot tries very hard to get them to shout out in fear - he puts the plane in a series of dives; he twists and turns the plane at speed; he even rolls the plane on its back, but he doesn't hear a sound from his elderly passengers.
When they land, the pilot turns to Manny and says, "You're very brave, I tried everything to make you shout out aloud, but you didn't utter a word."
Manny replies, "Thanks, but to be honest, I was going to say something when Ethel fell out, but $35 is $35 you know."

Read all jokes from:Jewish (+6995)


Share/Bookmark